Saturday, October 5, 2019

Saturday, October 5, 2019

     I had such a fun week.  We celebrated my birthday.  It started out with celebrating a few days early by eating at Joy Luck (a Chinese restaurant).  The kids ordered strawberry Italian Sodas.  We then enjoyed a big dinner of cream cheese puffs, egg drop soup, strawberry chicken, sweet and sour chicken, peeking ribs, cashew vegetables, and black bean asparagus.  The food was delicious and I had left overs for lunch for the next 3 days. 
     On my actual birthday, I was surprised at work by the family.  They brought me 2 dozen red roses, a bag of Lindt chocolates and some birthday cards.  Xadia and Jacinda made me cards.  Jacinda took time to sketch a character on her card.  I love the cards.  I taped them to my wall at work so that every time I need a break from work I just look to my right and see the cards and it reminds me how much I am loved.
     After I got home, we had a nice pot of macaroni and cheese for dinner, that is what Teagan wanted.  I do not like mac and cheese but I was not very hungry so there was not need to argue.  After dinner, Tim and I went to the temple.  Because of a policy change, I got to witness a bunch of sealings.  It was a tender experience.
       Thursday was the tech trek.  Xadia and Teagan had a great time running laps at the school to raise money.  There was a lot of kids and the music was so loud.  I was exhausted.  Usually I run laps with the kids but after about 7 laps I had to sit down.  The kids did a good job and had a lot of fun running with their friends and eating snow cones.  I am so thankful they get to have this experience because it helps build their character in a positive way.

No comments: