Monday, January 22, 2018

Monday, January 22, 2018

Super busy week with work, kids, and playing.  Friday we finally got some snow.  We took advantage of that on Saturday by sledding at the old stake center.  It was so fun.  McCabe took his friends, Cayden Kister, Cohen Haddock, and Kyle Nielson.  Teagan took Gabe Haddock and Kade Mcpheter.  Xadia saw her friend Afton there and so those two sledded together.  Jacinda was at Brooklyn’s house (we missed her).  Tim and I had a great time ridding on sleds and racing the kids.  I drove the suburban with half the group.  Tim drove the blueberry and froze the other half of the group. 
After sledding, everyone came to our house for dinner.  We had apple slices, turkey stroganoff, brown rice, and garlic bread. Gabe, who is 5 said, “I am so full, but I don’t want to stop eating because this is so good.”  Tim told Gabe he could come to our house any time with and attitude like that.  It made Tim really happy since he made the stroganoff.
Last week was a short week in honor of Martin Luther King and the end of the term. The kids stayed home and played the computer and did lots coloring.  When Tim and I got home from work, we played snakes and ladders and sleeping queens with Xadia and Teagan.  We also played a game or two of mancala.  It is really funny playing with the younger kids.  Xadia likes to look at the queen cards before placing them face down.  She does a great job memorizing the placement of the Rose Queen.  Now when I play that game with her she says, “I am not going to cheat.”  She has been doing a good job so far.  But the truth is, I don’t care.  It is more about spending time with the kids.  Eventually I will crack down on the dishonesty.
This week I look forward to Jacinda playing church basketball and coming with me to cocoa and conversations at the church.  She gets to babysit while I attend the activity.  I am also looking forward to helping Jacinda with math.  She is adding and subtracting negative fractions.  McCabe is memorizing part of the Gettysburg address.  So I am planning on reciting that a few times this week with him.  I am also hoping to finish my latest creation.  I am sewing a jacket and making up the pattern as I go.  I love my full life.

No comments: