Sunday, August 28, 2016

Sunday, August 28, 2016

     We had a blast on our family vacation.  The weather was so hot.  We stopped in Calico Ghost Town and walked through the shops.  It was fun to see the old furniture and clothing from long ago.  On our way to California, there was an accident on the freeway so we stopped in Baker to visit an alien tourist attraction.  It was 118 degrees in Baker.  I thought I was going to melt on the asphalt just walking into the store.  Disneyland was only 92 degrees and we did not complain one bit about it being hot.  Not after being in Baker and practically melting after getting out of the car. It was Teagan's first time to Disneyland and he loved Pirates of the Caribbean and Thunder Mountain.  Below is a video of our fun at Disneyland and California Adventure.

     After Disneyland, we then camped at Doheny State Beach with the cousins.  I was diligent to keep the sunblock on the kids and re-applied it many times, however, Jacinda and McCabe still got burned.  We had a great time boogie boarding and swimming in the surf.  There was so much seaweed in the ocean.  Every time you get out of the water, you look like some sort of seaweed creature. I made a video of our vacation.  It sums up what we did at the beach.

     School has started and it is going great.  McCabe came home the first day with a headache from everything that is expected of a 4th grader.  A few days later, he has adapted well.  Xadia is loving her first grade class.  She thinks it is so cool that her teacher has the same name as her mom.  Jacinda cracks me up.  She complained a few days before school that none of her friends were in her class.  That soon changed after the first day.  She was so happy to see Harry and Aiden and other fellow friends in her class.  Teagan is ready to start school like his older siblings, unfortunately he has to wait until Sept. 7th.  For the time being, he likes to watch Clarence, Steven's Universe, or minecraft videos.  I will miss my babies when they are all in school.  Thank goodness I get to volunteer in the classroom so I can still get my fill.  I love how big my babies are getting.

No comments: