Sunday, May 15, 2016

Sunday, May 15, 2016

      I love Mother's day.  It is a time to celebrate all women.  I was able to have my family support me at the care facility as I lead the music.  I love going to South Davis Hospital.  There are some very special spirits there.  My family helped sing the songs that we dedicated to mothers everywhere.
      I got some fun presents from my family.  Homemade cards, chocolate dipped strawberries, flowers, and a homemade flower were some of the gifts.  I loved all of them.  I especially loved the breakfast the kids made, pancakes, sausage, eggs, and orange juice.  It was nice to have a break from cooking but I was ready to make dinner.





      Over the weekend, we (my family and bear scouts) went to the bird festival.  It was very fun.  We made some bird houses and bird crafts.  I have never seen so many bent nails.  It was good practice for those scouts to learn how to hammer a nail and how to read instructions.  Some boys rushed through and neglected the directions.  As a result, their roof was lopsided.  Oh well at least they had fun.  We also got to see some really cool birds like the screeching owl, horned owl, eagle, raptor, hawk, etc... After the bird festival we went home and put in a sprinkler system for the trees we planted last week.  What was supposed to take 1 hour took 4 hours.  I don't know why Mr. Tim always under estimates projects.  No problem, after 1.5 hours I went in and took a nap.



      Today we painted the bird houses and the kids were doing so good until the very last color.  Teagan spilled the white all over in the craft room.  I had to work fast to clean it from the rug, floor, wall, and easel.  I could not get too mad because, hey, it was the craft room and that is what it is used for.
     Jacinda made a cake today and she did not follow the directions.  It was a bust.  It was definitely a weekend about learning the importance of directions.  I had to throw out the cake, but her icing was great.  I used it for icing on the peanut butter fingers.  That was our treat tonight after walking around the temple.

No comments: