Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

     It is the close of the day.  I finally get to rest and watch the news.  But before I do, I just have to say, "oh my babies."  That is the phrase I use to let off steam.  We had a very busy day.  I got to tutor math today at school for 5th graders.  We had Izzy and Cade McPheters over to play with Xadia and Teagan.  When the older kids got home, they did piano, spelling, chores, and reading while I supervised and assisted where needed.  By the time 6:00 came, we were heading out the door for family night.  We went to the library and found some great books and movies.  We got to hear 2 stories from the story teller.  After the library we stopped at Wendy's for dinner and frosties.  It was a fun night but very busy.  Everybody is already asleep....not me.  This is my time to enjoy the quiet.
      Let me play catch up with a few events.  Halloween was great.  We trick-or-treated for 3.5 hours.  I kept telling the kids, "you've got to burn it to earn it."  The kids did not complain at all, they just kept running house to house like it was some timed event.  Everybody went to bed exhausted that night.  The next day Teagan said, "I want to go trick-or-treating tonight." I had to tell him that halloween only came once a year (thank goodness).  Now I am finding candy wrappers everywhere in my house and every time I turn around some kid is shoving junk in their mouths.  Tim and I try to keep the bags out of their sight and limit the amount they get each day but some how they keep getting into it.  As you can see from the pictures below, Teagan was Spider Man, Xadia was Elsa, Beth Rose was a cat, Jacinda was a vampire and McCabe was an army special ops guy.



I got to attend a sweet little performance from Teagan's pre-school class.  They sang some halloween songs.  Teagan is the Spider Man in the middle.  Cute little Clara kept walking right in front of him and blocking my view.  I did my best to get him on camera along with his other classmates.  
The other day Teagan told me the cutest thing.  He said, "mom carry me up."  That means pick me up and carry me.  I said, "you are getting too big for me to carry."  He said, "mom when I am big like you I will carry you up."  My heart just about melted.  "Ok buddy, when you are big you are going to carry me?"  "Yes."  "Ok Teagan, I will hold you to that promise."  I just love my kids.


No comments: