Sunday, January 25, 2015

Sunday, January 25, 2015

First let me say, "Happy 77th birthday Myron Nalder."
Yesterday was so much fun.  We took the front runner to temple square.  We walked around temple square and visited with the sister missionaries.  My favorite part was meeting with the missionaries from the Philippines and telling them that Tim speaks Tagalog.  Then they would have a little chat in Tagalog.  After our visit we went to the Joseph Smith building and watched, “Meet the Mormons.”  What an incredible movie.  There are so many beautiful heartwarming moments.  One of my favorite parts was seeing the Navy football coach being stern and authoritative to these big football players and then the next day being a sweet Sunday school teacher to a bunch of ten year olds.  I also liked watching the wife during the football games cheer and squirm in her seat.  I can totally relate to that as I attend my children’s’ games.  There was also an excellent example of renewal of human spirit with the missionary mom.  Wow…..I am so amazed at her dedication with turning around her life in her darkest hour.  Such incredible stories….God is good.
After the movie, we ate at Johnny Rockets, yummy burgers, fries, and shakes for everyone.  Then we got to see the trout at the City Creek Mall.  McCabe and Teagan were ready to cast in their fishing poles.  After a quick stroll through the mall we had to catch the train back to the car.  Before catching the train we handed out, to the homeless, some granola bars with $5 attached to them.  This is such a good activity for the kids.  I hope they realized how blessed and comfortable their life is.



No comments: