Sunday, December 14, 2014

Sunday, December 14, 2014

      This week has been very busy.  Jacinda celebrated her 10th birthday.  We had pizza, played games, and did jib jab.  The kids had a great time but I really think they liked playing in the ball pit the best.  I am very surprised at all of the candy she received, however, I am glad they did not get her any of the items I got her for Christmas.
     Speaking of Christmas, I got my shopping done a few weeks ago.  Amazon is amazing.....I totally love it.  Now I deal with kids changing their minds.  It seems like each week they want something different for Christmas.  It is nice they share, but nothing is changing.
      I have been busy making lots of treats for the neighborhood.  For the first time this year I made buttercream chocolates.  It was a lot of fun making different flavors such as strawberry and orange.  The only problem is that I can't keep my family from eating them.  I have learned to make the candies and then freeze them immediately until it is time to compile the plates.  People wonder how I can make the treats and not eat them.  The secret is to make so many treats you get sick of them.  So I made caramels, turtles, buttercreams, coconut mounds, truffles, and toffee.  There is so much sugar it is repulsive.
      The church has put out a great program this year, "He is the gift."  What a great way to remember a loving Heavenly Father giving us his first born son, Jesus so that we can have everlasting life.  The church has a sweet  3 minute clip worth watching to remind us that Jesus is the gift.  We had an opportunity to see over 100 nativity sets and drive around the Bountiful temple.  There is a lovely display of of Jesus' birth from Luke chapter 2.  It is a combination of scriptures and beautiful paintings.  It is a great family tradition.

No comments: