Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday, April 11, 2010

So last week Tim realized that the kids were not in school and he could work anywhere. So we decided to take a road trip for Spring break. We left at 11:00 pm and traveled 12 hours to Utah. We thought by leaving so late the kids would sleep. Boy were we wrong. They stayed up the whole time in great anticipation to see aunt Mimi. Here are some pictures from our trip.


The kids and Tim are making snowmen. It is great....for spring break we go where the snow is.


We got to visit Brighton, Kerianne, and Bode Bangerter and see her new beautiful home. Chuck visited us on his lunch break. Unfortunately he left before I pulled out the camera.


McCabe and Jacinda said, "hello" to grandma Nalder while Xadia slept in the car. It has been 6 years since her passing and we sure love and miss her.


Here we are posing for a picture with the Johnson crew. Behind us is the water fountain that is near the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. It was a little windy and cold.


Tim and I took a moment to pose with the temple behind us. Unfortunately it was so windy I had to hold back my hair....that is why my hand is right between us.

We had a great time in Utah. We got to eat at the Lion house (it was delicious) and ate school lunch with the cousins. We also had the easter bunny stop by and bring a basket full of fruit and goodies. Our easter egg hunt had plastic eggs filled with fun cartoon band-aids, stickers, and plastic bugs. There was a limited amount of candy because 2 of Mimi kids are diabetic. I think it is fantastic and I would not mind doing it every year. It seems like my kids are always getting candy.....even if I don't buy it. They are like sugar magnents.


Here we are at home. It is fun going on vacation, but it is even better to be back in our own surroundings.

1 comment:

Kan said...

Sash, it was so good to see you and your cute fam. What a fantastic surprise! Way too short, but I'll take it. :)