Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Today was very enjoyable. Xadia was given a baby blessing by Tim. The blessing was very focused on finding joy in life by living the gospel. In short, it was beautiful and very centered on following Jesus Christ. Xadia slept throughout the blessing. Tim was the one who cried. He is very sensitive to the spirit and what better way to show gratitude and sincerity than by humbling oneself to tears. Xadia has been a blessing to our family. It is very hard not to evoke love around her. She is starting to show her personality by smiling when you call her name or talk to her. I can’t describe the feelings that overcome me when she responds in such a happy manner. All I can say is that she is wonderful.


Xadia's baby blessing


(Our first family picture)

McCabe is a funny little boy. He is trying so hard to be potty trained but still has accidents. He is at a fun stage in life. I love his personality. He is so spontaneous….he loves to run around in his underwear. The second he walks through the door, off come his clothes. It is nearly impossible to keep clothes on his body. He also still loves to run around saying, “hot crossed buns….I like momma’s buns.” And anything he finds gross or repulsive, he responds with a “nasty patty.” He got that saying from Spongebob Squarepants.


McCabe in his underwear.



Funny McCabe

Jacinda is getting sweeter every day. She is extremely helpful with chores, making dinner, and putting the binky in Xadia’s mouth. She will be 5 on the 12th of Dec. I can’t believe how smart she is for her age. Already she knows how to maneuver the computer to play games and find learning activities…..Oh and don’t even get me started on manners. I do want to share this quick story. This past weekend we were in Bend Oregon eating with some friends. One of our friends turns to Jacinda after taking a bite of her meal and asks her a question. Jacinda says, “You shouldn’t talk with your mouth full.” I immediately grabbed my napkin and hid my face. I was so embarrassed yet at the same time I could not stop laughing. Thank goodness our friend was really cool about the situation. What can I say, kids are so honest and make being a parent an awesome job.

4 comments:

Kae said...

How sweet, I love the family picture, it's classic. I see you have Taisey blog will you have her invite me? kaeharrison@msn.com

Unknown said...

Sasha your hair is sooo long! And you are sooo skinny. And oh how I love blessing day. So sweet and dressed in white and just sent to us from Heaven all wrapped up. And thanks for the foxy comment!

brianabingham said...

Oh my goodness what a beautiful family! We are so happy to see you guys are doing well. We did have to laugh because you guys look so young with three kids. Blake says keep up the good work!
I hope my brother gets to meet your wonderful family!
Take care and hope you had a wonderful blessing day.

Camilla said...

Baby blessings are a sweet time of life.

I love that Jacinda was reminding someone else of needing good manners.

Potty training...oh potty training. When it finally sticks you wonder what was ever so difficult to begin with.

We seem to have misplaced your address. We'd love to get a Christmas card out to you, could you email me your address? meelers@gmail.com