Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sunday, July 12, 2009

The past two weeks have been very crazy. McCabe had a double ear infection and I had a sinus infection resulting from a prolonged allergy season. We are finally both well, however, being sick is the worst...especially when my mind thinks about a possible relapse with cancer (Yikes!).

The 4th of July was fun for Tim and Jacinda. They got to have a daddy daughter date at the lake. They bought ice cream and watched the fireworks. I stayed home with McCabe and watched a veggie tales movie. McCabe does not do well with fireworks. He is etremely scared by the noise and the light. In fact, he bit me two different times when lighting fireworks. He was not being mean. In one firework incident he was crying and I was holding him as he nestled his head in my shoulder a firework went BANG and it scared him which caused him to sink his teeth into my shoulder. The other incident he was standing next to me but as soon as he saw Tim light the firework he started screaming and ran behind me. The next thing I knew there was a loud firecracker noise and I was screaming because of the pain in the back of my thigh. Sure enough, he had bit me. I decided, no more fireworks with McCabe nearby it is just too painful for both of us.


2 comments:

The Fisher Family said...

WE LOVE YOU GUYS. SORRY YOU WERE SICK. WE'RE EXCITED TO SEE YOU SOON.

Unknown said...

ooh no, i hope no relapse. why do holidays have to be scary: santa and loud fireworks!!