Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday, April 26, 2009



I am the luckiest mom ever for 2 reasons….Jacinda and McCabe. They make me so happy. I love how Jacinda sporadically says, “I love you McTabe.” And then he answers back, “I love you.” They both try so hard to be good.

We went to a carnival and the kids had a great time. It took McCabe a little convincing at first, but after the rides started moving there was laughter. Jacinda loved riding the swings. She though she was flying.

McCabe and Jacinda riding bikes.
Jacinda flying on the swings.
Jacinda and mom waiting for daddy and McCabe to finish their ferris wheel ride.

During this past week we were so busy doing things. We bought plants for our garden and Tim made a fire pit from a washing machine. It is the ultimate white trash fire pit but works great. We made some delicious s’mores and enjoyed the heat during a light sprinkle. I love being with my family.

White trash fire pit. (Oh yeah)

Today I got to teach the lesson in Relief Society on the Infinite Power of Hope. It was given in October’s Saturday conference. If there was one message that really struck me, it was that hope should be the first feeling that fills our lives when trials come over us. It is hard to have hope when life gets hard, but having hope (aka trust in the Lord) makes the trials much easier to encounter.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

White Trash fire pits are the bomb! Superiority when it comes to those useless store bought ones...I mean come on if Tim starts to make more we will even buy or barter to have one, it would make me feel special anyway.

Jill said...

We have a fire pit and love it! We make s'mores all the time! I only wish I could say Jason built ours -- that makes it so much cooler! It was fun to see you last month - thanks again for your hospitality!

Joan said...

Not sure where blogs will be in 12 or so years, but those cute pictures will come back to haunt your little girl and boy, when boys and girls come a-dating! You and Tim will be dragging out all the embarrassingly cute photos. lol Joan